Saturday, May 28, 2011

Let the Nesting Begin...

Dear Baby,

Even though I knew it would inevitably get here, I didn't feel it coming. Today, my "nesting" phase officially started. "Nesting" is a term used to describe "an uncontrollable urge to clean one’s house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world."

I wouldn't say that my nesting is as severe as your Aunt Lindsey's...yet! One morning a few a weeks ago, she cleaned and organized their whole house by 10 a.m. She even went as far as getting the tools out to assemble some things. Then, a few days ago, she steam cleaned their couches, drapes and carpet. All of this in preparation for your cousin, who should be here in the next month or so.

I don't know if it's because your daddy and I picked out your furniture yesterday, but I woke up with a strong desire to get busy. I laid in bed and planned my attack. First, I would throw away or recycle everything that we don't need from the office. Good thing I talked it over with your daddy first. Some of the things I was ready to chuck, he wasn't so keen on chucking : ) Then, I would sort and organize all of my office/art supplies inside the cubicles of my project table and find a new home for them in the closets or in the living room. After that, I would ask your daddy to help me move the antique trunk and project table out of the office to make room for your furniture. I know that once these things are done, we can bring home your furniture, and I can get busy washing and putting away all of the cute clothes and blankets that you'll soon be wearing.

As I write this, I still haven't attacked the office. Ironically, I didn't even make it past the kitchen. After brekky, I had the sudden urge to clean and organize the entire kitchen, cupboards and all! I not only organized everything in the cupboards, but also took a warm rag and wiped everything down. I must say, the kitchen is looking damn good right now. So, the plan for the afternoon is to ATTACK THE OFFICE. Your daddy is online right now creating an ad for the project table. Hopefully, we can sell it and get your side of the office/baby room cleared out soon because I am ready to get the tools out and assemble some furniture.

Love,
Mommy