Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dear Baby....

Dear Baby,

For the past couple of weeks, your Daddy was in Taipei, Taiwan on a business trip. While he was away, I started feeling the first little flutters of you moving. I remember the first time. I was sitting on the couch typing on my laptop. After I felt you, I sat motionless waiting for it to happen again. It went on for about fifteen minutes. I don't think I even took a breath for fear my breathing would make me unable to feel you. Over the last couple of weeks, your little flutters have progressed to little kicks. Your little kicks feel almost like a tiny heart beat under by belly button. Your daddy and I were talking on Skype the other night and I told him how you are moving around and kicking more and more. I was sure he'd be able to feel it from the outside when he got back home to Brisbane. I was so excited for him to get home and feel you kicking. Five minutes after he walked in the door, you decided to get active. Did you recognize his voice? We sat on the couch, and your daddy got to feel you kick for the first time. After that, I kept waiting for you to get active again so that we could feel you. You should know, it makes us extremely happy knowing that you are growing and developing, and we can't wait for the day that you are born so that we can meet you in person.

Love,
Mommy