Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Half Way There

Today is the beginning of our 20th week, the half way point til the birth of our baby. I'm trying to be positive and look at it as the glass is half full, but it feels like the past 20 weeks have gone by so slow. Hopefully, now that I feel better and now that we're starting to buy the baby things, the next weeks will go by faster.



Yesterday, we bought the cot (cot = crib in Oz). I know I've mentioned this before, but things in Australia really are quite expensive. The cheapest cot we had seen before yesterday was from Ikea, and it wasn't anything special. In fact, it was just as I described "cheap". But, we were going to settle for it since it was about $300 less than anything else we had seen. Then, yesterday, we saw a Boori cot on Gumtree (Aussie Craig's List). We had seen the Boori line of cots at http://www.bubs.com.au/ , but seeing that they were no less than $700-$1,000, we stopped looking for a cot at that store. So, you can imagine my surprise when I came across a Boori Paddington Cot on Gumtree for $390 with the $150 mattress included. I thought it would be sold for sure. I called the seller and was happily informed that it was still available. Ryan and I went and picked it up last night, and then late last night after I went to sleep he surprised me by putting it together. I woke up to see our baby's crib set up in his new room, and I've been smiling ever since!!