Monday, April 11, 2011

Prams and Infant Carriers


So I was talking with Cristi yesterday and the subject of how expensive products are here in Australia. It is the cost of living in a country with a small population. She sent me some links to Target in the US, versus Target Australia and it was 30% to 50% more. No worries, buy online and ship to the office in San Diego, pick it up in a couple of months. Sorry local economy, almost double for everything we're looking for is too much.

Seeing how I'm on the road for work, my evenings are pretty boring in the hotel after dinner. So I spent some time researching "prams and carriers" online. The realization of these things are bloody expensive hit me after reading the safety comparisons. On top of that, you will most likely be replacing them within the first year due to size/weight limits. After my few hours of researching (okay, so maybe I was up until 3am) I think I have found 2 of each for SWMBO to try and find in person to see features and most importantly, colours, err colors.

My top choices:
Pram with this for a Newborn
Carrier
Options:
Pram 2
Carrier 2

Time to check baggage limits for my next trip back...